The member of this house publicly professes living in accordance with the evangelical counsels as described here:
Poverty All of my material possessions are not mine, but God’s. I vow to live a simple life, living only off of the fruit of my own labors and of alms. Money and possessions not necessary for a modest life or the support of my children will be given to charity.
Chastity I will live a life of purity, separated from the excesses and temptations of the world. I will live as a person in the world but not of the world. I vow to remain unmarried. I will live my days chaste and free from sexual activity.
Obedience I will obey God in all of my ways and doings. Here on earth I also pledge obedience to my ecclesiastical and religious superiors. I will live as a lawful individual obedient to the laws of my land so far as they do not inhibit my relationship with God or mission as a Solitary. I will not maintain friends and associates to whom I show favoritism above others.
The member lives in accordance with the following rules of life:
- I will treat all people with dignity, regarding them as creations of God either receiving or possessing the potential to receive God’s redemption and sanction.
- I will commit my spiritual and temporal resources to the aid in the defense of the downtrodden and to the working of God’s will.
- I will strive for a contemplative life in God, not beholden to seeking vain temporal experience.
- I will seek to teach the wisdom God has given me, and I will never refuse teaching to anyone who seeks it from me.
- I will never refuse an offer to pray with someone or a request to pray for someone.
- I will comply with and abide by the tradition of the ecclesiastical seal of privacy with regard to individuals who invoke my confidence in order to relate to me matters they wish to remain private knowledge between me and them.
- I will maintain my own modest domicile, refraining from cohabiting with others, with the exception of my children, or by agreement, with other Consecrated Religious who share similar vows to mine.
- I will retreat to the wilderness in solitude once per year for three days.
- I will attend the Eucharist a minimum of one time per week.
- I will pray upon waking, upon going to bed, and upon reading the Holy Scriptures.